Pages

Sunday 20 December 2015

Eating four portions of fruit a day

Before I start, please bear in mind that I don't need to lose much weight and that some fruits, most notably bananas, have a very high sugar content. As such you might want to consult your dietician about the best way to get your fruit without compromising your healthy weight. As I have mentioned before, I am not a dietician! Just a girl trying her hardest to get pregnant!

Anyway - eating fruit can feel tough, fresh fruit moulders so quickly and perhaps, like me, you might even dislike it! Here are a few things that I try.

1) Keep dried fruit in your handbag

I bought a few teeny tiny zip lock containers and decanted a larger bag of raisins into them. I eat perhaps a quarter of a cup a day. Too many are very fattening, but these do count toward your four portions of fruit for the day!

2) Keep frozen fruit in the freezer

I add a handful of frozen berries to my yoghurt in the morning. Or a couple of handfuls into my blender for my daily super fertile smoothie (recipe forthcoming). Preserved or frozen fruits aren't the healthiest way to eat fruit - nothing can replace eating an apple - but they do count nonetheless.

3) Know your portions

Canada's Good Food Guide is really helpful when it comes to knowing your portion sizes. In actual fact, it is good in pretty much every way imaginable! If you are trying to get enough fruit in your diet then you are going to need to know portion sizes.

4) Know which fruit is best

Some fruits are super fertile. It is funny to think of fruit as being super fertile but it is true, it definitely is! I am not lying here, I promise. Some fruits are just super fertile. And those are the fruits that you want to eat. You want to eat blueberries, they are a super food. You want to eat red berries, they are so bloomin' healthy. Most of all you want to eat pineapple - core and all - which is a source of bromelain, but you only want to eat it after you have ovulated as it will help any potential little bean stick. You don't want to eat it before you ovulate though because it will make your cervical mucus too acidic and sperm will not be able to survive within it.



No comments:

Post a Comment